An exciting Biotechnology company focusing on Antibody Discovery in the Cambridgeshire area are looking to add an experienced Research Scientist to their Antibody Generation team. As the Research Scientist in Antibody Generation you will be responsible for designing strategy and capturing rare cells of interest for the generation of novel antibodies.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Research Scientist in Antibody Generation will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Identify B Cells of interest using Flow Cytometry and Single cell sorting programs.
2. Design, assess and implement cell sorting strategies in a project-dependent manner supported by strong scientific rationales.
3. Analyse, summarise and present data to internal/project teams as well as to wide company/external collaborators.
4. Co-ordinate work within the Antibody Generation Group as well as with other group members and support downstream workflow in molecular cloning and mammalian cell culture.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Research Scientist in Antibody Generation we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD in Immunology or related discipline.
2. Proven research experience in flow cytometry, in particular with single cell sorting. A familiarity with flow analysis software such as FlowJo, Kaluza, FACSDiva, MACSQuantify, is desirable.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with cell sorting (e.g. BD Aria II, III or Fusion), Mammalian cell culture and Molecular Biology
Key Words: Antibody | Flow Cytometry | Cell Sorting | Single cell sorting | Immunology | B-Cells | FACS | Mammalian Cell Culture | Molecular Biology
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 9th August 2017
- Expires: 6th September 2017
- Reference: J4264