A fantastic opportunity for a Bioinformatician with a good understanding of Immunology has become available to join a leading Biotechnology company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Bioinformatician in Immunology you will focus on analysis, visualization and interpretation of high throughput immune-profiling data, including NGS data from single-cell T-Cell Receptors/B-Cell Receptors (TCR/BCRs).
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Bioinformatician - Immunology will be focus on Next Generation Sequencing data analysis but your other key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Develop new algorithms to examine NGS-data from immune cells, specifically TCR and BCR sequences as well as developing in house algorithms that identify antigen-specific TCRs and determine TCR specificity.
2. Analyse and interpret high-throughput internal DNA and RNA sequencing data from Illumina sequencing platforms.
3. Analyse and interpret external molecular big data' profiling data, including cancer mutation, gene expression, and immunological datasets
4. Apply findings in both R&D and clinical projects for biomarkers and immunotherapies
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Bioinformatician - Immunology we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant Degree in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics or related field. A PhD is preferred but not essential.
2. Proven industry experience in processing and analysing large NGS datasets with extensive experience developing new software tools.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with statistical skills for data mining.
4. A familiarity with BCRs, TCRs and immunology pathways is essential.
Key Words: Bioinformatics | Next Generation Sequencing | NGS | Algorithms | DNA Sequencing | RNA Sequencing | Immunology | Illumina Sequencing Platforms | T-Cell Receptors | B-Cell Receptors | Software Development
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 9th August 2017
- Expires: 6th September 2017
- Reference: J4068