Preetha Sampath is currently recruiting for a Process Safety Engineer to join a global and diversified healthcare leader, who is heavily involved with discovering, developing and distributing therapeutic solutions focused on patients' needs. This position is available on a full time, permanent basis at their site in Haverhill.
As a Process Safety Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring that the site meets legislative requirements and works towards best practices for process safety. You will work as part of a project team or lead your own projects within the HSE department providing process safety solutions to the site manufacturing operations and process development activities.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Lead the Hazardous Area Classification system and the use of Basis of Safety Assessments for the site
- Lead the pressure relief device programme, HAZOP programme and SIL programme
- Provide exeprt guidance to site groups on process safety (operational reviews and projects)
- Ensure that new product introductions are properly assessed with respect to process safety
- Lead and support the design, installation and operation of facilities and equipment with respect to process safety
- Lead the design and installation of process safety specific projects
- Develop the process safety culture with specific focus on human factors and training programmes
The ideal candidate is expected to have the following Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- A background and experience in chemical process engineering is essential.
- Industry experience in drug substance and drug product manufacturing of licensed pharmaceuticals
-Experience of process safety systems such as HAZOP, SIL and process control strategies for managing hazards
- Experience of sizing and specifying relief devices/vent headers is desirable
-Track record of leading small teams and to deliver results to agreed timelines would be beneficial
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ENG39826 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 9th August 2017
- Expires: 6th September 2017
- Reference: ENG39826