Research Scientist RTD UK
We are seeking a highly motivated research scientist to join the Bioprocess Characterisation department within the Research and Technical Development (RTD) team in Nottingham, UK. You will be joining a team of experienced Protein Purification/Characterisation scientists and will be expected to work both independently and within a team. The role is predominantly laboratory based developing and performing protein/peptide conjugation and purification processes to generate materials for further studies and to ensure they are scalable and transferrable to manufacturing. Additionally, you will help maintain a smooth running lab taking responsibility for some of the equipment and analytical techniques. You will be responsible for documenting and communicating your internally generated data.
- A preference would be for a Life Science or Biochemical Engineering degree with at least 3 years relevant laboratory experience.
- Experience in developing and performing protein purification techniques using a number of different chromatographic methodologies would be highly advantageous.
- Experience of chemical conjugation of peptides or small molecules to proteins is highly desirable especially using thiol chemistries.
- Experience in the use of AKTA systems and programing Unicorn software methods would be beneficial
- Must have experience in standard protein analytical techniques e.g SDS-PAGE and HPLC
- cGLP and cGMP awareness would be useful
- Good organisational, communication and presentation skills
The successful candidate will work as part of a fast moving multi-disciplinary RTD team that has close interaction with a range of other departments. In particular, the candidate will work closely with other members of the Bioprocess Characterisation department, Molecular Biology and Fermentation to obtain material for purification and Manufacturing for transfer and process optimisation studies. In addition to working to deadlines the candidate must be flexible to changing priorities, be comfortable multitasking and be a team player with good communication and scientific writing skills.
Albumedix helps biopharmaceutical companies improve patient outcomes with a range of albumin-based products and technologies that facilitate the development of superior biotherapeutics.
Albumedix develops albumin-based products and technologies for advanced drug and vaccine formulation, extended drug half-life and improved drug delivery. Our products and technologies are used in clinical and marketed drugs and out-licensed to pharmaceutical and biotech companies worldwide. With over 25 years’ experience in the biopharmaceutical industry, we have the scientific, technical and regulatory expertise needed to support companies in moving faster to market with superior biotherapeutics. We also use this expertise to strengthen our own drug pipeline. Albumedix is a global company and a fully owned subsidiary of Novozymes.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Employer: Albumedix
- Posted: 8th August 2017
- Expires: 5th September 2017
- Reference: ACCESS/4059BR