Natalie Wood is recruiting for an Analytical Lab Technician to join a leading speciality chemical manufacturer for the aerospace/motor industry based in Derbyshire on a full time, permanent basis.
The main responsibility of this position will be to provide laboratory support and undertake project work or technical support with the aim of improving the company's products, processes and technologies.
Further responsibilities of this Analytical Laboratory Technician position are:
- Plan technical and operational aspects of work with guidance from a supervisor in order to perform a wide range of day to day tasks and activities.
- Day-to-day handling of chemicals, mixing materials by various techniques, applying formulations to fabrics or filling moulds with resin, often sticky and at temperatures. Some ability to machine solid, cured laminates is beneficial. Attention to detail when making measurements is paramount.
- Able to exhibit an observational approach to work and offer suggestions for method improvements on a regular basis
- To have a level of competency in various tasks, which enables them to work without supervision. Will be expected to train other staff members in specific techniques or on specific pieces of equipment if appointed as a trainer.
- Must work in a clean, tidy and safe manner, adhering to the Company Policy. Must ensure all work areas are maintained to the highest possible standard and offer suggestions for improvement. Maybe expected to own certain areas.
Skills and Experience required
- A degree in chemistry, or in a chemistry related subject where basic chemistry modules were taken. Relevant Industrial experience handling chemicals would be a benefit.
- Must have a genuine scientific inquisitive mind, eager to learn new things based on a sound scientific approach as outlined by the supervisor.
- Use a scientific approach to collect and analyse data, drawing conclusions and making suggestions for improvements
- Must be able to present experimental results and conclusions to supervisors both electronically and verbally.
- Must be able to follow written procedures and maintain accurate records of all work carried out and report conclusions.
- Must have a good understanding of materials, techniques and equipment used, possibly to be a recognised training in one or more techniques.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH39807 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 8th August 2017
- Expires: 5th September 2017
- Reference: SH39807