Role: Material Scientist
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Location: East Anglia
A market leading organisation focused on the design and manufacture of specialist high performance systems are currently looking for a highly skilled Materials Scientist to join their team.
As a member of the Engineering team, you will be required to provide technical design and layout expertise for the development of new products, and this position will suit applications from individuals with working knowledge of thick film technology.
* Lead engineer for the High Temperature project team in designing and developing microcircuits suitable for harsh environment applications
* Technical lead for all Thick film materials and processes
* Research, identify and develop new material sets & processes from concept to qualification
* Lead and work with the team to solve complex technical problems on new and existing products.
* Accurately capture customer requirements and report program progress via both regular conference calls and written reports
* Characterise material systems for thick film, epoxy and solders for attach & wire bondability, able to perform over a wide temperature range
* Working knowledge of thick film technology & manufacture
* Educated to degree level in either Materials Science or Chemistry
* Working knowledge of Epoxide & Cyanate Esters materials for both current and high temperature applications
* To have an understanding of Design with both Analogue and Digital Components.
* To be familiar with CAD drawing tools.
*It is important to note that due to Security checks, candidates looking to apply to this position must have been in the UK for the past 5 years.*
A superb package is available for the right candidate including competitive salary, private health care and company pension. Relocation assistance is available for candidates from outside the area.
If this position is of interest, please apply via the link and we will look forward to receiving your CV.
If you have any questions or require any further information, please contact Katie Roddis on 01223 463300, or at
Reed Specialist Recruitment is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and temporary recruitment. In response to your application Reed will contact you by phone, email or SMS to discuss it and related opportunities. You can opt out at any time using the links provided.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Reed Scientific
- Posted: 8th August 2017
- Expires: 5th September 2017
- Reference: MatScie08/08KR