Sarah Farrow at CK Science is recruiting for a senior materials scientist to join a leading developer of innovative and diverse products at their site in County Durham on a permanent basis.
The company offers the opportunity to work with an extensive network of academic and industrial collaborators on an exciting and diverse range of projects. You will have exceptional opportunities for development and progression.
You will be responsible for the preparation, development and analysis of materials for their adhesion properties. Additional responsibilities will include:
- Providing technical guidance to the business development team
- Defining project needs, and setting up, planning and execution of scientific experiments to provide results within the agreed timescales.
- Interpretation and reporting of results
- Application of measurement techniques to demonstrate the adhesive properties of formulations
- Contribution to the delivery of formulation projects through the provision of materials science knowledge in relation to adhesives and adhesion.
To be considered for the position you should ideally be qualified to PhD level, or possess equivalent experience, in materials science, chemistry or a related discipline. You should have demonstrable experience in materials characterisation, particularly in respect to formulating materials.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference DH39781 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 7th August 2017
- Expires: 4th September 2017
- Reference: DH39781