Tenni Cole-Etti is currently recruiting for a Bioprocess Scientist to join a niche pharmaceutical business based in Hertfordshire that delivers life-saving treatments for conditions related to immune deficiencies, bleeding disorders and critical care to over 40 countries worldwide. The role is offered on a permanent basis with a salary of £22,000 - £23,000 per annum.
The successful candidate will provide technical and scientific support for approved projects, specifically those associated with the safety and development of new and improved products for clinical use.
The key responsibilities in this role will be to:
- Perform experimental work that advances the agreed project(s) within R&D
- Maintain a high standard of work, in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), Good laboratory Practice (GLP) or Standard Laboratory Practice (SLP)
- Develop and validate purification and analytical methods
- Record and investigate any deviations from expected results or documented procedures
- Make recommendations on future project strategies based on analyses
- Review and analyse experimental results
- Utilise the appropriate computer software packages to allow detailed analyses of results
- Communicate information clearly and logically
- Assist in the preparation of progress, interim and final reports
- Assist in the maintenance of laboratory resources such as cleaning and calibrating equipment
- Maintain contact with external suppliers and technical specialists
- Train and assess other staff
- Maintain compliance
- Observe laboratory health and safety instructions regarding the use of personal protective clothing and equipment
- Be responsible for the use of consumables and reagents within the laboratory, and to report any difficulties to the line manager
You are required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- BSc degree, preferably in a Biology or Biochemistry based subject, or relevant experience
- Knowledge of the Pharma or plasma industry and GMP, GLP & regulatory compliance
- Experienced in a variety of equipment and techniques
If successful you will be joining a company with a vibrant 60-year heritage who are in the midst of an ambitious programme of investment in research, technology and manufacturing methods to grow the business significantly over the next few years. They are committed to supporting both healthcare professionals and providing a continuous supply of reliable, high quality, life saving products to patients.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST39787 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 4th August 2017
- Expires: 1st September 2017
- Reference: ST39787