An exciting opportunity for a Research Associate to join the Protein Sciences team within an exciting biotechnology company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Research Associate - Protein Sciences you will play a key laboratory based role within our Protein Sciences group, responsible for protein purification and subsequent routine characterisation, filtrations and sterility testing of biological molecules.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Research Associate - Protein Sciences will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Perform protein purification by a variety of chromatographic techniques using AKTA system.
2. Perform downstream protein characterisation, filtrations and sterility testing, along with mammalian expression projects with CHO and HEK cells.
3. Generate high quality results within the expected timelines. Research should be consistent and thorough.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Research Associate - Protein Sciences we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Science discipline along with experience working in industry.
2. A working knowledge and practical experience with protein purification using AKTA system (antibody purification, ion exchange, affinity chromatography; eg. IMAC).
Key Words: Protein | Purification | Antibody | Characterisation | CHO | HEK | Expression | Mammalian | AKTA | TFF | Downstream |
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 4th August 2017
- Expires: 1st September 2017
- Reference: J4248