The role involves supporting R&D and Technical Support staff in the manufacturing of functional surface coatings for application to flexible substrates.
Key responsibilities include:
* Supporting formulation design, largely adjustments to formulae to assist processing / performance.
* Coordinating application testing of coated products (image performance, coating / image permanence, physical, optical, electrical tests).
* Maintaining laboratory apparatus, arranging servicing, maintaining consumable inventory.
* Running product ageing tests.
* Organising short-run sampling of prototype products.
* Assisting R&D chemists with pre-production trials. Assisting Technical Support staff with trouble-shooting production issues.
* The ability to progress tasks with minimal supervision, but also having the necessary interpersonal skills to integrate within a team for group communication & when projects dictate.
* Managing regular and ad hoc tasks within the technician scope, updating staff on a daily basis,
Required Skills & Experience:
* An energetic & enthusiastic learner.
* Well organised, with the ability to prioritise a workload.
* A methodical approach to tasks.
* Adaptable & dependable.
* Resilient and results oriented, with a strong quality focus and the ability to work to deadlines.
* Demonstrating good housekeeping principles within the Team.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to remain effective when working under pressure.
* Good PC skills (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
* Previous laboratory practice is advantageous.
A-Level Chemistry / a scientific orientated higher education qualification is advantageous.
Hours of Work:
08:00 - 17:00 Monday to Friday, with tea & lunch breaks (40 hours per week). There will sometimes be a requirement to work additional hours, in line with the needs of the business.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive basic salary and benefits that include private pension, bonus, private healthcare and others.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Matchtech
- Posted: 4th August 2017
- Expires: 25th August 2017
- Reference: EMP396849