The role involves the formulating of functional surface coatings, adhesives & inks for sale as compounded chemistry or for application to flexible substrates by our own operations.
This role plays a key part in our success, by driving change, promoting collaboration, constant effort to meet our business objectives and increase customer satisfaction.
The Team consists of 6 R&D Chemists & an Environmental Officer
Key responsibilities include:
* Formulation design
* Coordinating projects from conception through to commercial acceptance and providing technical support / troubleshooting throughout the product life cycle.
* The ability to progress projects with autonomy, but also having the necessary interpersonal skills to integrate within a team for group communication & when projects dictate.
* Managing regular and ad hoc projects within the R&D scope, updating & advising the Laboratory Administrator (daily) & Technical Director (weekly),
* Evaluating raw materials efficiently & selecting suitable raw chemistry's for formulation. Liaising with suppliers.
* Remaining focused on project objectives and be able to meet deadlines.
* Producing pilot coatings & employing test procedures for establishing functionality / performance.
* Preparing for & conducting pre-production trials.
* Working with other key Technical, Production & Sales personnel to ensure the effective flow of information within the business.
* Demonstrating good housekeeping principles within the Team.
Required Skills & Experience:
* Experience as a Coatings / Inks / Adhesives formulator.
* Experience within a manufacturing environment, where there is a requirement to understand technical processes.
* Resilient and results oriented, with a strong quality focus and the ability to work to deadlines.
* Analytical and methodical approach to problem solving.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Well organised, with the ability to prioritise workload.
* An energetic and optimistic team player.
* Ability to remain effective when working under pressure.
* Good PC skills (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Educated to Degree level Chemistry
Hours of Work:
08:00 - 17:00 Monday to Friday, with tea & lunch breaks (40 hours per week). There will sometimes be a requirement to work additional hours, in line with the needs of the business.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive basic salary and benefits that include private pension, bonus, private health care and others.
In addition the company can offer a generous relocation package should this be required.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Matchtech
- Posted: 4th August 2017
- Expires: 25th August 2017
- Reference: EMP396850