Tenni Cole-Etti at CK Science is currently recruiting for a Laboratory Technician to join one of the UK's largest forensic and DNA testing companies in the UK. This role is offered on a full time contract basis for 6 months based in Oxfordshire.
The successful candidate will provide an efficient manufacturing service to all key business operations. This support will include preparation and QC of materials required for the operations and general assistance on all projects undertaken by the Manufacturing Operations.
Your main responsibilities in this role will be to:
- Complete manufacture of components and/or preparation of finished components
- Carry out QC release of finished goods to customers/central stores
- Perform small and large scale solution preparation
- Manage goods receipt, stock rotation, disinfection and storage
- Maintain efficient stock control, counts and ordering
- Look after receipt and preparation of raw materials
- Keep accurate record keeping and attention to detail
- Carry out environmental monitoring
- Look after the disposal of dry and wet chemical hazard waste
- Manage recycling of equipment, which may include the correct waste disposal of contents
- Perform lab cleaning and general housekeeping of laboratory areas
- Complete efficient stock control and ordering non-stock items
- Prepare all required documentation to comply with a range of regulatory and QC requirements
- Carry out general assistance on all projects undertaken by the Manufacturing Support team
- Ensure Equipment maintenance
- Ensure all work is carried out to GLP standards
You are required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
• Have GCSE's in Maths, English and Science (or equivalent)
• A knowledge of molecular biology methods and their applications and DNA techniques would be an advantage, but is not essential
• Some manufacturing and production experience, would be beneficial but not essential
• A keen interest in science and a willingness to train is essential
• Some weekend working as dictated by the workload
If you are successful you will be joining a leading forensic and DNA testing laboratory who has a reputation for quality, innovation and technological development based in Oxfordshire. Other benefits include:
• Private Medical Insurance
• 50% towards annual gym membership
• Non-contributory Money Purchase Pension Scheme
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST39768 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 4th August 2017
- Expires: 1st September 2017
- Reference: ST39768