Graduate Site Chemist - Waste Management - Hazardous Waste - Chemicals - Environmental - Hazchem - Derbyshire - £20k
Are you interested in protecting the environment, and working with some of the UK's leading industrial companies? We are looking for a Graduate Chemist to join a leading Hazardous Waste company as a Site Chemist.
* The supervision and assessment of all incoming and outgoing hazardous loads, in line with all company procedures and regulatory requirements.
* Ensuring the correct segregation and storage of hazardous waste, in line with all company procedures and regulatory requirements.
* Completion of all related paperwork, in line with all company procedures and regulatory requirements.
* Full training will be provided, and successful candidates with be able to expand and develop the role in line with business requirements. This role does involve working outdoors, and some manual handling.
* BSc in a Scientific Discipline (ideally Chemistry or Environmental Chemistry, minimum requirement HNC)
* Positive, hardworking, team player.
* Hands-on person capable of mostly outdoor work (in an industrial environment) with some laboratory work.
Recent Graduate, or equivalent time in similar industry
Driving License - Desirable
Forklift Licence - Desirable
Rotating shift pattern 06.00 - 15.00, 08.00 - 17.00, or 09.00 - 18.00 or 11.00 - 20.00, Monday to Friday, with a one hour or equivalent lunch break.
May be required to work weekends on a reasonable rota basis and this will qualify for time off in lieu and/or additional remuneration.
May also be required to work night shifts 20.00 - 06.00 on a reasonable rota basis. Night shift work will qualify for additional remuneration.
Salary £20k - Permanent
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Posted: 4th August 2017
- Expires: 1st September 2017
- Reference: BBBH4927