An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Analytical Chemist to work within Instrumentation Department.
Qualification and Experience
- BSc, MSc or PhD in Chemistry, Engineering or related
- 3-4 years’ experience in using various analytical instrumentation, maintenance and trouble shooting.
To manage the laboratory facilities and provide coordination of all analytical requirements as required for day to day business
- Providing practical and operational support to SEC laboratories,
- Support learning, research and teaching activities
- Providing guidance on the use of resources, and promoting an excellent understanding of laboratory practices and techniques.
- Ensuring laboratories and the facilities are maintained in good order in accordance with health & safety legislation, and manufacturer’s maintenance instructions.
The individual needs to be self-motivated, enthusiastic and ready to contribute to the day to day operation and maintenance of the Faculty’s laboratories and work with students, academics and clients. A strong working knowledge and experience of LC-MS, GC-MS, GC & GC-Headspace, LC, GC-MS, and ICP-MS instrumentation is required.
This position is permanent and salary is £30-32K
Skill: LC-MS, GC-MS, GC & GC-Headspace, LC, GC-MS, and ICP-MS
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: ST Recruitment
- Posted: 3rd August 2017
- Expires: 31st August 2017
- Reference: Rs-24