Matthew Sullivan is recruiting for a Research Chemist to join a global leader in the Inks/Coatings industry at their site based in Cornwall on a full time, permanent basis.
In this role the successful candidate will be part of a team of 6 other Chemists, reporting into the Technical Director and Laboratory Administrator.
The main purpose of the role will be to:
- Coordinate projects from conception through to commercial acceptance and provide technical support / troubleshooting throughout the products life cycle.
- Design formulations.
- Manage regular and ad hoc projects within the R&D scope, updating & advising the Laboratory Administrator (daily) & Technical Director (weekly).
- Evaluate raw materials efficiently & selecting suitable raw chemistries for formulation.
- Produce pilot coatings & employ test procedures for establishing functionality / performance.
- Prepare for & conduct pre-production trials.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Working autonomously or with a team, depending on what the project dictates.
- Maintaining good housekeeping within the Laboratory.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A degree (or equivalent) in Chemistry or a related subject.
- Experience of working in a laboratory for the inks/coatings/paints/adhesives industry is essential.
- Good communication skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a global leader in their respective field, and in return the company are offering a salary ranging from £25,000 - £40,000 per annum, coupled with benefits.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST39771 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 3rd August 2017
- Expires: 31st August 2017
- Reference: ST39771