Jason Johal is currently recruiting for a Data Scientist to join a rapidly growing UK life sciences company within their Target & Biomarker Discovery group which identifies the biological signalling pathways, involved in modulating the human response to respiratory viral infection. This role is offered on a full time, fixed term contract basis and will be based in Hertfordshire.
The company require someone to provide Data Analysis & Data Cleaning support for target and biomarker identification projects in Research Discovery Operations (RDO).
Your main responsibilities in this role will be to:
• Process, store and report experimental data according to RDO standards
• Perform quality control and import of large datasets, automating processes where appropriate
• Perform high quality data analyses in support of RDO
• Formulate data analysis strategies and the agreement of priorities in the context of RDO priorities in discussion with the Head of Target and Biomarker Discovery
• Evaluate and test new software and develop scripts that automate complex tasks, modifying them to deal with new applications as required
• Provide input into the dissemination of RDO outputs (reports, presentations, news flow items) to communicate work to internal and external audiences
You are required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
• An MSc or equivalent and Data Analysis, Data Cleaning and/or Data Visualisation experience (or equivalent)
• Experience of R and Java/Python/perl programming expertise including scripting skills would be advantageous
• Good database skills
• Strong expertise in data analysis and visualisation
• Good understanding and experience in employing statistical tools
• Experience with handling and analysing multi-omics datasets
• Experience in processing and analysis of large-scale multi-omics data sets
• Experience in target and/or biomarker discovery would be a real plus as would Cell and Molecular Biology laboratory experience, knowledge of translational research, particularly with regard to respiratory diseases.
This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic Scientist / Data Scientist to join a group of industry respected experts to ensure that research progresses to commercial release and ultimately improve patient lives.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST39769 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 3rd August 2017
- Expires: 31st August 2017
- Reference: ST39769