We currently have an exciting opportunity available for a Principal Scientist / Team Leader - Assay Development to join a growing biotech firm based in the Cambridge area. As the Principal Scientist / Team Leader - Assay Development you will be responsible for designing, developing and optimising in vitro biological assays and establishment of Standard Operating Procedures and protocols, and will be expected to be an ambassador for quality in analytical procedures.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Principal Scientist / Team Leader - Assay Development will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Lead a team performing experiments involving the development of controlled methods for pre-clinical analytics (e.g. PK assays), drug candidate characterisation and clinical release assays.
2. Lead assay development projects involving cross-functional teams, independently design and execute project goals, plans and milestones in alignment with established programme strategy.
3. Contribute a broad technical skill set as well as understanding of rigorous approach to assay development and maintenance, ensuring robust methods are available to span drug discovery and development processes.
4. Ensure the team performs experiments and data management activities in a robust manner and produces quality data to inform decision making on projects.
5. Identify critical project-related issues and successfully implement plans to overcome them to ensure the achievement of goals/milestones.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Principal Scientist / Team Leader - Assay Development we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. PhD (or equivalent) in a biological related subject, with a focus on biochemisty or cell biology. In addition, you will require considerable industry experience with a focus on assay development for a regulated environment.
2. Proficiency or working knowledge in most of the following: PK assays, cell biology; immunoassays, flow cytometry, in vitro immune cell activation assays; ADCC, CDC, ADCP; cell culture; analysis and purification of primary murine and human immune cells and immunological phenotyping. You will also require experience designing and optimising biological and immunological assays for robustness and reliable data quality, design of experiments, interpretation of data and trouble shooting.
3. A good track record of research outputs (publications, posters, patents or project milestones) and well informed about the latest technological and scientific advances in the field.
4. You will need to demonstrate experience managing a small team and monitoring resources and team performance.
Key Words: Principal Scientist | Team Leader | Assay Development | Cell biology | Biotechnology | Line Management | Group Leader | PK assays | Immunoassays
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 3rd August 2017
- Expires: 31st August 2017
- Reference: J4234