We are supporting a growing life sciences company in sourcing a high profile requirement for a Technical Lead - Analytical Services to join their facility based in London.
The purpose of the role of Technical Lead - Analytical Services is to provide a depth of technical expertise and leadership in the analysis and characterisation of biological therapies, including cell and gene therapies. The successful candidate will take full responsibility for leading the company strategy for advanced gene therapy characterisation. The role will involve building and managing a team of scientists with responsibility for the planning and execution of several laboratory-based programmes and will involve close interactions with UK and international collaborators.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Technical Lead - Analytical Services will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Strategic - You will be responsible for providing international vision in developing and managing a delivery plan to meet corporate goals in relation to advance product characterisation. Demonstrate a vision for identifying new opportunities for the company to support growth within the field. Identify new technologies and new ways of applying systems to address the common challenges faced by cell and gene therapy developers.
2. Leadership - Line management of a team of scientists overseeing their career development by setting objectives and managing training plans. Lead teams of scientists to work collegiately with academic and industrial collaborators to deliver programmes to schedule and within budget. Work with the Heads of Department to agree resource allocation for projects and consumable budgets.
3. Business Development - Provide expertise in analytical development playing a significant active role in business development activities. Responsible for the production of project proposals including detailed experimental plans and budgets. Work with the business development team to identify new funding opportunities to establish collaborations and drive the companies automation strategy
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Technical Lead - Analytical Services we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. A PhD in a relevant discipline eg. Cell Biology, Immunology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biotechnology or similar. You will also be expected to have gained industrial experience working in the field of biologics or biological therapies. Experience with cell or gene therapies, or cell characterisation would be an advantage.
2. Strong analytical skills are vital for this position preferably with experience of bioanalytical method development using a range of techniques including RT-qPCR, digital PCR, fluorescent flow cytometry and ELISA. Experience of GMP regulations would be a particular advantage.
3. Planning and management of technical work and staff in support of assay development and qualification including providing guidance and support with respect to sample preparation, execution of analysis, and method development/ qualification.
Key Words: Technical Lead | Line Manager | Analytical Services | Cell Therapy | Gene Therapy | Cell Characterisation | Biologics | Biological Therapies | Biotherapeutics | ELISA | RT-QPCR | RT-PCR | Flow Cytometry | Cell Biology | Bioanalytical | Strategy | Molecular Biology | Immunology
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 3rd August 2017
- Expires: 31st August 2017
- Reference: J4233