Victoria Walker is recruiting for a Shift Effluent Treatment Plant Chemist to join a hazardous waste and environmental management company based at their site in Fawley in Hampshire, on a full time, permanent basis. Please note this role is working on a 24/7 rolling shift basis consisting of a 12 hour shift pattern; 07:00 to 19:00 and 19:00 to 07:00.
The main purpose of the Shift Effluent Treatment Plant Chemist will be:
- To ensure effluent quality by control and optimisation of the effluent treatment and gas cleaning plants. To be fully conversant with the site storage philosophy for the provision of technical chemical advice for Shift Managers and the Emergency Services.
- Sampling and analysis of aqueous effluent and other site water using the techniques described in the Company’s Operating Procedures and Work Instructions.
- To perform routine checks of the ETP plant and process, reporting any defects to the Shift Manager.
- Comply with all EPR permit and COMAH safety report conditions.
- Ensure, from a technical assessment standpoint, compliance with current legislation and company procedures for all waste quotations and company technical assessment actions.
Further responsibilities of this Shift Chemist will include:
- Technically assess waste enquiries generated by the sales staff.
- Ensure compliance with current legislation for all waste quotations.
- Mange sample receipt/liaise with lab to ensure correct analysis is undertaken.
- Ensure compliance of all waste quotes with site permits & waste management licences.
- To carry out the administration of site SAP requirements.
- To assist with the maintenance and control of the site management systems, to include document control, preparation of data and attending reviews where necessary.
In order to be considered for this Shift ETP Chemist role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A degree in Chemistry - essential
- Knowledge of COSHH, with the ability to assess potential safety / environmental / plant impact of processing hazardous waste
- A fork lift truck licence is essential
- Experience in the waste industry, both hazardous and non-hazardous is desirable
- A full, clean driving licence
This is an excellent opportunity to join a waste management company at the top of their respective field, and in return they are offering a highly competitive salary, and a handsome benefits package.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH39762 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 2nd August 2017
- Expires: 4th September 2017
- Reference: SH39762