Jason Johal is currently recruiting for a Neuroscientist from Biochemist/Cell-based functional assays to join a dedicated team of scientists providing an outsourced service to one of the top ten largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. This role is based at the client's research and development site in Surrey which is commutable from London, Oxford, Reading and Guilford and is offered on a fixed Term basis with a salary of £35,000 - £40,000.
As a Neuroscientist the main purpose of the role will be to run cell-based functional assays in support of neuroscience drug discovery projects & to make major contributions to neuroscience functional assay experimental platform development.
The main responsibilities of this role will be to:
· Perform functional assays in relevant cultured cell models, in particular iPSC-derived neurons and primary neurons.
· Measure functional parameters in cells using techniques including microscopy, immunocytochemistry, morphology, live/dead cell assays
· Analyse imaging data sets.
· Accurately record all practical work: complete electronic lab notebook to company procedure quality standards
You are required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
· A PhD in a neuroscience-relevant subject (e.g. neuroscience, biochemistry, physiology) or equivalent
· Working knowledge of the relevant key literature cellular functional assays and cell biology.
· Hands-on experience in aseptic cell culture technique including iPSCs
· Hands-on experience in functional cell-based assays including microscopy, immunocytochemistry, morphology, live/dead cell assays etc.
· The ability to analyse and interpret imaging data and to identify errors
· The ability to communicate effectively and report results accurately and in a timely manner
Our client has 7,000 employees who work just within the Research Laboratories, spanning more than 50 countries worldwide and are the 7th largest investor in R&D in the UK within the pharmaceutical sector. The successful candidate will be a full time fixed term employee of the CK Group and will be working for CK as part of a very busy, productive team of scientists that CK provide for our client as an outsourced function. As such they must be able to demonstrate enthusiasm, dedication and self-motivation together with the desire to acquire new skills.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST39759 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 2nd August 2017
- Expires: 30th August 2017
- Reference: ST39759