Lana Premadasa is recruiting for an Agronomist to join a company in the Agricultural industry at their site based in Hertfordshire on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will join their Trials and Farms team, working primarily on yield trials but also assisting in plant breeding operations, which are essential for the successful development of new varieties.
The main purpose of the role will be to:
- Work on a variety of trials including Cereals, Sugar Beet and Oilseeds.
- Operate Trials and Farm machinery on yield trials, breeding nurseries and multiplication crops.
- Conduct plot drilling, monitoring, scoring and harvesting.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A degree in Agriculture or a related field, or relevant trials, arable crop and farm experience.
- Relevant farm machinery operation experience and some tractor driving experience.
- Full British driving license. HGV and trailer licenses would be beneficial.
- Willingness to work extended hours during harvest, drilling and other peak periods.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company which has been breeding crops for the moderate climatic zone for more than 160 years, and is now one of the world's leading seed producers. Their footprint touches more than 70 countries, and employs some 4,700 people.
- A salary of £17,000 - £21,000 per annum dependant on relevant experience.
- A generous pension
- Life insurance
- 30 days holiday
- Income protection
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST39742 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 2nd August 2017
- Expires: 30th August 2017
- Reference: ST39742