Matthew Sullivan is currently recruiting for a Head of Brewing Services to join a leading Food and Drinks R&D company based in Surrey, on a full time, permanent basis. This client provides scientific, technical, and legislative support to the food, drinks and allied industries worldwide.
The Brewing Services department primarily provides operational support, research and NPD/Innovation for clients in the brewing and alcoholic beverages industry, and this role will be key in ensuring that these services are delivered. The HOD will secure a robust sales pipeline for the department. They will manage all aspects of the delivery of technical services in the department, in particular all aspects relating to technical and/or scientific capabilities, staff levels, training and development and motivation, resources, budget, performance, business management and improvement, health and safety and ensuring the staff in the department meet our values.
The main purpose of the role will be:
- Business generation and development of external business profile.
- People and equipment resource management for department.
- Liaise with clients, to gain a fuller understanding of their needs.
- Financial planning and budgetary management.
- Direct Technical delivery.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A degree (or equivalent experience) in a Science related subject.
- Knowledge of the needs of the alcoholic drinks and related industries with the ability to use this to influence and inform strategic business decisions.
- Business development experience.
- Well developed communication skills with a track record of successful team leadership and project procurement and management.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company at the top of their respective field, and in return for your skills they are offering a salary range from £50,000-£60,000, dependant upon experience. This is coupled with an excellent benefits package including 25 days annual leave, a company pension scheme, and private medical insurance.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST39753 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 2nd August 2017
- Expires: 30th August 2017
- Reference: ST39753