Matthew Sullivan is recruiting for two Lab Analysts to join a contract manufacturer, with a product range from food to pharmaceuticals to oleochemicals, at their site based in West Thurrock on a full time, permanent basis.
The main purpose of the role will be:
- Reporting directly to the Quality Manager, responsible for performing various analyses accurately according to defined methodology in order to qualify material. Examples of general test methods include, but not limited to 1) Physical Properties Testing: Color, Appearance, Clarity, Tapped Density, Aspect Ratio, Melting Point, Viscosity; 2) General Chemical Properties Testing: Moisture, pH, Acid Value, Titrations, Assays
- Monitoring product quality to ensure compliance with standards and specifications.
- Compiling and interpreting results of tests and analyses.
- Setting up and conducting chemical experiments, tests, and analyses, using good science & GMP techniques within set timelines.
- Providing and maintaining a safe work environment by complying with all safe practices and procedures.
- Preparing chemical solutions for products or processes, following standardized formulas, or create experimental formulas.
- Maintaining, cleaning, and calibrating laboratory instruments or equipment.
- Documenting all testing data properly and neatly according to Good Documentation Practices.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A BSc (or equivalent) in Chemistry, or a related discipline.
- Experience working in an analytical testing lab would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of a wide range of analytical methods.
- Be able to work on shift if required.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong communication skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading chemical manufacturer, at their new site in West Thurrock. In return for your skills, they are offering a salary ranging from £20,000 - £25,000 per annum, dependant upon experience.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST39739 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 1st August 2017
- Expires: 29th August 2017
- Reference: ST39739