Sarah Farrow is recruiting for an Analytical Development Manager on behalf of an innovative biotechnology company at their site in Redcar on a permanent basis. This role represents the opportunity to be involved in an exciting and diverse portfolio of projects, working in state of the art facilities, with access to cutting edge analytical tools.
You will be responsible for management of a small team of analytical development scientists, providing technical leadership, direction and continuous development opportunities, ensuring that analytical work is completed to the highest possible standards and delivered in compliance with quality standards.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Demonstrating scientific leadership, ensuring that the capabilities to deliver are in place, and addressing any skills gaps identified.
- Defining and leading analytical programmes in line with project deliverables
- Working with external and internal customers to identify and understand their needs and to contribute to the design and delivery of agreed outcomes.
- Ensuring that all equipment is maintained and calibrated
- Providing technical expertise to feasibility studies.
To be considered for the position you should meet the following criteria:
- Educated to a minimum of degree (and ideally PhD) level in chemistry or another relevant subject
- Strong analytical background with expertise in techniques such as HPLC, GC, AAS, IC, ICP, LC-MS and GC-MS.
- Competent in the development of analytical methods
- Experience in supervising or managing teams of scientists.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference DH39693 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 31st July 2017
- Expires: 28th August 2017
- Reference: DH39693