Sarah Farrow at CK Science is recruiting for Assay Development Scientist on behalf of a growing medical diagnostics company at their site in Newcastle on a permanent basis. The company will be launching their flagship product in 2018, making this an exciting time to join the company. You will be joining a motivated multi-disciplinary team of technical experts, and have the opportunity to have a real impact on global healthcare outcomes.
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting the development of novel cell concentration assays
- Designing and testing PCR assays
- Performing RT-PCR
- Performing general molecular and microbiology based tasks including assay design, bacterial culture, DNA/ RNA extraction, PCR, Fluroescence Microscopy, Sputum Processing and Bacterial quantification.
To be considered for the position you should be qualified to PhD level, or possess significant experience in molecular and/or microbiology. You will ideally have experience in the development of molecular diagnostic assays.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference DH39687 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 28th July 2017
- Expires: 25th August 2017
- Reference: DH39687