We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Scientist - Immunoassay to join a leading life sciences company based in the Cambridgeshire area.
As the Senior Scientist you will be responsible for routine and non-routine immunoassay based analysis of clinical and non-clinical samples and conducting method development. You will also be enrolled into a training and development programme to ensure a clear career development plan.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Scientist - Immunoassay will be lab based and the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will have the opportunity to develop a thorough working knowledge of all analytical immunoassay techniques and instrumentation used within the department - which will include a range of immunoassay and ELISA, analyse pre-clinical and clinical samples, undertake method validation and prepare formal analytical methods
2. You will be given responsibility for your own work and will manage the day-to-day tasks of pre-clinical studies including ensuring the laboratory activities, QC checking and report writing are scheduled, communicating the results and any problems to the Section Head and Study Director.
3. You will gain control of your work by maintaining a thorough working knowledge of the regulations and their application to work work area. Maintain an in depth knowledge and understanding of all company and department SOP's relevant to the work area.
4. You will have accountability for regularly updating the Section Head and the Study Directors on the status of assigned studies, check analytical data and reports, prepare draft reports and review logs books and equipment records and ensure they are completed correctly and in a timely manner.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Scientist - Immunoassay we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree, Masters or PhD in a life sciences related discipline. Alongside this, you will require experience working in a highly regulated industry, CRO or biotech facility, with experience of GLP, GCP or GMP regulations.
2. Proven industry experience with a range of immunoassays, including ELISA, specific for the analysis of clinical and pre-clinical samples. You will have gained experience of these techniques in regulated environment.
3. Although not a requirement for the role, due to the location of this business, it would be advisable to have access to a car in order to travel to and from the facility daily.
Key Words: Senior Scientist | Immunoassay | ELISA | clinical samples | pre-clinical samples | GMP | GLP | GCP | method development | analysis | Analytical | CRO | Biotech |
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer that is happy to welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors and is made up of a collaboration of scientists supporting science. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 28th July 2017
- Expires: 25th August 2017
- Reference: J3717