CK Group are recruiting for a Quality Laboratory Analyst to join a company in the pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Montrose on a contract basis until end of June 2018.
The Quality team exists to deliver effective and efficient services in the area of Quality to site. The Quality Laboratory team exists to manage operational quality laboratory activities for site in a compliant, lean and effective way.
The main purpose of the role will be:
- day-to-day and routine analysis completed in an effective and timely manner.
- interface with other parts of the Quality Directorate to ensure that there is a smooth and efficient flow of products from the site
- to support interfaces with other departments to ensure that they are effective for all parties
- significant quality or compliance issues are escalated through the appropriate management lines and/or management processes
Further responsibilities will include:
- To work as part of a high-performing team and is responsible for carrying out routine analysis on IPC, raw materials, manufactured and stability samples using classical and chromatographic techniques as appropriate. To use SAP and other IT systems to manage and report data
- To provide an effective analytical service for the analysis of non-routine samples and to assist in the troubleshooting of production problems
- To be actively involved in activities that are required for the effective running of the Quality laboratory. Activities include, but are not limited to the review and preparation of procedures e.g. LSOP's, validation reviews and OE improvement activities
- To work to current Good Laboratory Practice (cGLP) in a highly regulated environment, following the defined procedures (LSOP's)
- Required to be actively involved in various audit teams e.g. GMP, housekeeping and safety and self inspection audits
- Involved in supporting Continuous Improvement (CI) and OE initiatives in the laboratory
- Involved in training staff in the analytical techniques in the department
- To proactively support Visual Factory excellence activities
- To support the Quality Shared Services, especially the Quality Analytical Shared Service, as directed by the Quality Laboratory Leader with the aim of ensuring the highest level of performance
- To work in a safe and compliant manner and to actively support processes designed to ensure the safe, compliant operation of the laboratories in line with "flow" requirements. Support processes include but are not limited to housekeeping, 5S activities, UIR completion, COSHH completion and where required issue of Access and General permits
- To support other analysis as directed by the Quality Laboratory Leader
In order to be considered for this role, you will have experience in wet chemistry, analytical techniques would be an advantage in particular; titrations, physical properties testing (sympatec, malvern) UV, endotoxin, total organic carbon (TOC), water testing and empower.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference DH39721 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 28th July 2017
- Expires: 25th August 2017
- Reference: DH39721