Responsibilities and Activities:
- Working with the Chief Test Engineer to carry out test programs of current and future VP systems and technologies;
- Undertake the design and building of necessary test rigs;
- Carry out test work and capture relevant data;
- Present test data to Mechanical Engineering and ESS teams, and carry out further analysis if required;
- Assist with vehicle commissioning and durability testing at test tracks or with trial customers.
Skills and Experience
- Honors degree in mechanical/electrical/automotive engineering, physics, or similar;
- Experience in the engineering/science industry, ideally in a test oriented role;
- A thoughtful and logical approach to problem solving and understanding of scientific method for conducting test/experimental work;
- Evidence of good data recording and analysis skills, and strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Able to use basic test equipment, e.g. oscilloscopes, multimeters, power supplies, temperature/pressure/flow sensors;
- Basic knowledge of LV & HV electrical systems, hydraulics, and pneumatics;
- Hands-on mechanical/workshop skills (for building test rigs and working on test vehicles).
- Experience in the Automotive/Commercial vehicle industry;
- Knowledge/understanding of vehicle systems, such as CAN;
- Experience with NI software, e.g. LabView, DAQExpress, DIAdem;
- Experience with MATLAB or Python;
- Experience with 3D CAD (Autodesk Inventor);
- Holds a PCV licence.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: JAM Recruitment
- Posted: 17th July 2017
- Expires: 14th August 2017
- Reference: BBBH66181