These methods are used to characterise existing manufacturing processes, to guide process improvements and to support the introduction of new processes.
Tasks will include operation of electrophoresis systems, including 2-D gel electrophoresis with DIGE, for protein separation and analysis; use of a range of other biochemical methods including application of a range of methods for the characterisation and understanding of proteins and complex protein mixtures.
Communication and key working relationships
* Line Manager
* Other functional heads within the Analytical Method Development group
* Co-workers and project teams
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* To undertake established analytical methods in order to assist with the analysis of biopharmaceutical materials.
* Adapt and apply analytical methods where necessary in order to analyse novel materials.
* Assist in the development and implementation of new analytical methods.
* Take responsibility for the provision of reagents and consumables required for the work undertaken and document storage of materials generated.
* Prepare protocols and reports as required.
* Assist senior colleagues though prioritisation of own work and understanding of project priorities.
* Perform any other duties required by the line manager commensurate with grade.
* Maintain awareness of industry and international regulatory standards and implement where appropriate (as dictated by project deliverables).
Professional development You should pursue a programme of continuous professional development in accordance with any relevant professional registration or statutory requirements, while maintaining appropriate awareness of service provider requirements.
* Degree in Biological Science or Chemistry
Knowledge and experience
* Good understanding and experience of safe working practices within analytical laboratories.
* General analytical laboratory experience including preparation of reagents.
* Understanding of the principles and theory of protein and enzyme analysis.
* Experience in the operation of ELISA .
* Experience with analytical techniques for the analysis of proteins.
* Experience in preparing scientific reports.
Skills and capabilities
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Technical report writing skills
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Matchtech
- Posted: 15th July 2017
- Expires: 22nd July 2017
- Reference: 395262