We are currently looking for a Fermentation Assistant to join an exciting Biotechnology company based in the Redcar area. As the Fermentation Assistant you will be responsible for running and maintenance of laboratory scale fermentation equipment.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Fermentation Assistant will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Develop fermentation procedures and protocols for day to day activities.
2. You will analyse fermentation samples using microbiological and analytical techniques such as plating, cell counts and analytical techniques such as HPLC.
3. In cooperation with colleagues, you will develop and find new solutions for improved fermentation processes.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Fermentation Assistant we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Science discipline along with hands on fermentation experience gained through industry or academia.
2. Proven industry experience in running small scale bioreactor / fermentation projects.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with analytical techniques will be highly desirable.
Key Words: Fermentation | Bioreactor | Cell Culture | Microbial | Mammalian | Yeast | HPLC | Biotechnology |
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 14th July 2017
- Expires: 11th August 2017
- Reference: J4158