Matthew Sullivan is recruiting for a Laboratory Technician to join a company in the Chemical Manufacturing industry at their site based in Peterborough on a full time, permanent basis.
The company you will be joining are involved in developing and manufacturing materials / chemicals used in energy storage, or Phase Change Materials. The company have a family vibe, with a small team, so your role would not be as rigid as you would perhaps find in larger organisations.
The main purpose of the role will be to:
- Perform Quality Control tests on finished products, making sure they meet all thermal/physical specifications before allowing goods to be dispatched.
- Prepare product samples for customers.
- Performing analysis using primarily Differential Scanning Calorimetry, and physical solidification/melting monitoring of a wide range of products under a wide range of conditions from cryogenic to very high temperatures (other analytical techniques used include measurement of pH, conductivity,density, and a number of wet chemical test procedures).
- Prepare and test samples of existing products (100g to 30kg) to the same quality and performance as that manufactured in Production.
- Provide support to the Chemicals Manager.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Laboratory experience (or experience in a technical discipline) is essential for this role, this can have been gained during studies or in industry.
- High attention to detail and a flexible approach to work.
- An ability to report results clearly and in various formats.
- Experience performing analytical tests, such as Thermal Analysis, would be desirable.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company in a niche field, and in return they are offering a salary ranging from £18,000 - £20,000 per annum, dependant upon experience.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST39595 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 14th July 2017
- Expires: 11th August 2017
- Reference: ST39595