Equipment Calibration Technician
My client, a leading diagnostics company based in Manchester, is looking to recruit an Equipment Calibration Technician. Reporting into the Calibration & Validation Supervisor, you will coordinate and carry out routine maintenance and calibration of all laboratory equipment. You will provide metrology support on all equipment systems, performing routine maintenance and calibration tasks, troubleshooting and rectifying equipment breakdowns, and planning and scheduling service and calibration engineering visits from external vendors and suppliers.
Key responsibilities of the Equipment Calibration Technician are:
* Carry out routine maintenance and calibration tasks on schedule to ensure that laboratory equipment remains in service and valid for use.
* Coordinate with external vendors to book service and calibration engineering visits ahead of schedule.
* Coordinate maintenance and calibration documentation compliance requirements with vendors.
* Maintain and upkeep the equipment assets in the electronic data management system with all maintenance and calibration events.
* Investigate technical requirements and initiate/upgrade preventive maintenance and calibration process specifications.
* Perform non-standard and new equipment calibrations and/or equipment verifications.
* Assists with the research and selection of new equipment as related to engineering and calibration requirements.
* Training of calibration technicians in the operation of new calibration procedures.
* Initiate and manage equipment change controls for non-routine maintenance and/or equipment modifications.
The ideal candidate will have:
* A' Level, BTEC or equivalent qualification in a relevant scientific discipline.
* Previous experience working in a cGMP environment to ISO or FDA regulatory standards.
* Experience in calibration and/or maintenance support for a pharmaceutical, medical device, or biotech manufacturing company, or equivalent, with demonstrated skills in writing complex calibration SOPs and technical operating procedures.
* Understanding of technical metrology requirements, assisting in the development of calibration specifications, coordinating and monitoring new equipment and/or repairs.
For more information on the Equipment Calibration Technician role please contact Alannah Fisher on 0161 835 8640 or alternatively email your CV to email@example.com
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Search Scientific
- Posted: 13th July 2017
- Expires: 10th August 2017
- Reference: Req/441477