Director Genomics & Computational Biology
Competitive salary, excellent benefits, attractive location!
If you're looking for a professional challenge within the field of Genomics & Computational Biology with attractive prospects at one of the Top 20 Pharma companies in Germany and feel you can add to the company's success through your leadership experience, then this job could be a good fit!
My client is looking for a Director Computational Biology & Genomics to join their Research department located in an idyllic town in South-West Germany.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will involve:
- As a Director you are overall responsible for leading and managing the research group Computational Biology & Genomics (~20 reports) within the department Target Discovery Research.
- You will hold the entire responsibility for generation of necessary RNA/DNA-sequencing data using NGS or single cell analysis (internal lab and CRO), statistical and biological analysis and interpretation of internally produced and externally available biomedical data.
- In your role you will contribute to the generation of New Therapeutic Concepts and discovery of novel biomarkers in collaboration with Therapeutic Areas Immunology & Respiratory, Cardio-Metabolic, CNS-diseases, Cancer Immunology and Research Beyond Borders.
- You are responsible for setting up and managing a network of external collaborations with the focus on New Therapeutic Concept generation and biomarker discovery.
- As a Director you are accountable for budget and headcount of the Group Computational Biology & Genomics.
- You contribute to the coordination of global Computational Biology data and expertise platforms in collaboration with other Boehringer Ingelheim research centers in Vienna (AUT) and Ridgefield (US).
The ideal Director should be/have:
- Ph.D. in bioinformatics, biology or a closely related field and a strong background in target discovery based on omics data.
- At least 5 years of experience within the field of Computational Biology in a pharmaceutical industry or biotech background.
- Experience in one of the above mentioned Therapeutic Areas is highly advantageous.
- Additionally, applicants show a proven track record of several years of successfully scientific working.
- Very strong leadership skills and networking capabilities and enjoy working in interdisciplinary teams.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English language complete the profile.
Please get in touch if you'd like to apply and we can discuss your suitability and the role in more detail. My number is +44 (0) 121 616 3469 and my email address is email@example.com. Look forward to hearing from you!
Keywords: Bioinformatic*, Biology, Target Discover*, Drug Discovery, Translational, Research, Immunology, Respiratory, Cardio*, CNS, Cancer, Alzheimers, Genomics, Computational Biology, Bioinformatic*, Deutschland, Germany, NGS, Next Generation Sequenc*, Collaboration*
Paramount Recruitment Limited provides services as an agency and an employment business. We regularly have similar roles in this area. Please see our website for details or send your CV in to us to find out the latest opportunities.
You MUST be eligible to work in Germany. Learn more
- Agency: Paramount Recruitment
- Posted: 12th July 2017
- Expires: 9th August 2017
- Reference: AL120717D