Lana Premadasa is recruiting for a Laboratory Equipment Technician to join a newly formed company from a joint venture between a global electrical and specialist scientific equipment company. The group provides laboratory automation solutions comprising of hardware and software product components from their site in Oxfordshire and this position is offered on a full time, permanent basis with a salary of £27,000.
The main purpose of the role will be to support the company's technology, development and engineering activities through:
- Providing practical, hands-on assistance to the research & development and engineering teams, including assembly and testing of mechanical, optical and electronic components
- Ensuring safe operation of laboratory work areas
- Arranging maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Managing laboratory work areas to ensure they are clean and well-stocked, as well as stock tracking and part ordering.
- Maintaining a list of laboratory equipment and ensuring equipment is properly maintained
- Reviewing Health and Safety policies and procedures relevant to laboratory work areas and suggesting improvements, and act as a point of contact and provide advice for Health and Safety related matters within the company
- Complying with quality systems
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A degree in a scientific or engineering subject, or equivalent.
- Experience gained in a similar laboratory or engineering technician role
- Good general knowledge of standard scientific laboratory equipment
- Good hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company which is rapidly expanding, and will soon be launching exciting new products into the Biotechnology sector.
- 8% pension contribution
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- 25 days holiday
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST39537 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 10th July 2017
- Expires: 7th August 2017
- Reference: ST39537