Jonathan Finch is recruiting for a Cleanroom Laboratory Technician to join a newly formed company in the biotechnology industry from a joint venture between a global electrical and specialist scientific equipment company, providing laboratory automation solutions at their site based in Oxford. This position is offered as full time permanent with a salary circa £30,000.
The main purpose of the role will be to:
· Fabricate microfluidic cartridge prototypes including: cleaning, fabrication, assembly, inspection and QC
· Assist with development of fabrication and assembly processes and procedures
· Manage stock including stock tracking and part ordering
· Recording manufacturing tasks and updating manufacturing databases
Further responsibilities will include:
· Keeping work areas clean and organized
· Ensuring equipment in designated work areas is properly maintained including scheduling and performing basic preventative maintenance
· Following all health and safety guidelines and suggesting areas for improvement
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
· Bachelors' degree in a scientific or engineering subject (or equivalent experience)
· Significant experience in a production role within a precision high-tech manufacturing company
· Skilled in use of standard cleanroom equipment
· Experience with SOP drafting
· Familiar with basic calculations and statistics
· Experience of working with semiconductors (Desirable)
· Knowledge of microfluidic device construction (Advantageous)
· Experience working for a bio-tech or medical device company
This is an excellent opportunity to join a new small company creating cutting edge technology that has plans to substantially grow in the coming years.
· 8% pension contribution
· Life assurance
· Income protection
· 25 days holiday.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST39536 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 10th July 2017
- Expires: 7th August 2017
- Reference: ST39536