Sam Stewart is recruiting for a QC (Biology) Lab Technician to join a bacterial testing organisation that services Pharmaceutical/Medical Device companies. The company works under strict GMP/ISO standards, is based in the Liverpool area, and are offering a contract position for a 9-12 month period to cover maternity leave.
The main responsibilities of this QC (biology) lab technician will include:
- Deal directly with customer telephone and email enquiries
- Perform analysis of customer samples for bacterial endotoxin and glucan concentration
- Perform the analysis and certification of QC samples
- Conduct highly sensitive accurate pipetting
- Maintain sample records and associated documentation
- Maintain calibration of instruments and equipment
- Work to GMP and GLP standards
- Maintain temperature monitoring of samples in storage areas
In order to be considered for this QC (Biology) Lab Technician role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant scientific discipline, e.g biology/biochemistry
- Relevant experience in analytical testing or quality control, ideally within a pharmaceutical environment
- Experience in bacterial testing, particularly Endotoxin (LAL) testing
- Experience in analysis of Glucan Concentration would be beneficial
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH39493 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 10th July 2017
- Expires: 7th August 2017
- Reference: SH39493