Alex Tosney is recruiting for a Manufacturing Process Engineer to join a speciality chemical manufacturer based in Flintshire. This is a permanent role based on their manufacturing facility operating on a day shift. The salary on offer for this role is between £45,000pa and £50,000pa depending on experience.
The primary function of the Manufacturing Process Engineer will be to support the manufacturing team by improving processes and systems that help run the plant more efficiently and eliminate areas where plant availability is affected.
Further responsibilities will include:
· Support the manufacturing team to resolve day to day issues by leading plant investigations to resolve technical and operational issues quickly and effectively.
· Identifying opportunities and leading upfront engineering design to address process gaps with respect to cost, delivery, quality and health & safety.
· Define and deliver the scope of the project whether it be optimisation of existing processes or installation of new projects in collaboration with internal stakeholders and vendors.
· Efficiently manage and coordinate multi-functional teams to manage process improvement projects through to delivery.
· Track and control key performance indicators including costs, chemical usage, energy, yields, and operational standards.
· Create process documentation, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) and risk assessments to control the implementation of new processes, new equipment and design changes.
· Become a department technical expert and identify ways to optimise and improve production performance and ensure knowledge is transferred not only locally but also throughout the business.
· Takes ownership of the MOC process to ensure communication of any issues that have impact on plant availability, EHS, COMAH related equipment or quality of the product.
· Provide Process Engineering support for capital projects including input in to budget plans for capital expenditure and commissioning of new process plant.
The Manufacturing Process Engineer should have the following skills and experience:
·Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in an engineering related subject.
·Excellent communications skills and someone who enjoys working in a cross matrix environment where they interact with a range of internal and external contacts.
· Enthusiasm and drive to develop and implement fresh ideas, who can look at things in an abstract way and provide working solutions.
· Hands on knowledge of working in a manufacturing or production environment with a good understanding of plant processes and operational needs.
· Proven hands-on knowledge of and passion for continuous improvement and problem solving techniques e.g. Kaizen, Lean 6 Sigma, RCA.
· Proven project management or change management experience. Able to deliver innovative ideas and implement them through to completion.
· Able to manage multiple initiatives/projects and communicate goals, objectives and accomplishments to a broad audience.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ENG39508 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 7th July 2017
- Expires: 4th August 2017
- Reference: ENG39508