Alex Tosney is recruiting for a Process Safety Engineer to join a chemical manufacturer based in Norwich. This is an excellent opportunity to join a company who offer a wide range of contract manufacturing services for the speciality chemicals market. This is a permanent position with an excellent salary on offer.
As a Process Safety Engineer, you will have the independence of working within the QHSE team whilst assessing & implementing process safety initiatives with Operations and Engineering colleagues.
The ideal candidate will also be responsible for a wide range of COMAH and process safety related tasks; in particular:
· Providing technical support and expertise to enable compliance with all aspects of COMAH on this Upper Tier Establishment.
· Coordination of reporting and liaison with the Health & Safety Executive for intervention plan inspections and updates to the COMAH Report.
· Leading process safety studies of existing and new process operations by way of Hazard analysis tools and Human Factors assessments.
· Challenging accepted norms, identifying where further risk reduction measures would be most beneficial, and prioritising those for business investment.
· Designing & implementing risk reduction projects.
· Monitoring and auditing process safety performance and adherence to the Major Accident Prevention Policy and Safety Management System.
As a Process Safety Engineer, you will have the following Qualifications/Skills and Experience:
· Hold a relevant degree and/or further professional qualifications in Process / Chemical Engineering, Process Safety, Chemistry or a related discipline.
· Have experience of high hazard workplaces and the ability to work closely with the Competent Authority and internal QHSE, Operations and Engineering colleagues.
· Be self-motivated, have clearly demonstrable decision making skills and a critical analytical approach based on a sound process safety or chemical engineering background.
· Be familiar with SIL determination, LOPA and quantitative risk assessment techniques.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ENG39483 in all correspondence..
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 7th July 2017
- Expires: 4th August 2017
- Reference: ENG39483