We have an exciting opportunity for a for a Team Leader in Bioassay to join a global life sciences company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Team Leader - Bioassay you will be responsible for leading a team of analysts which perform analytical testing. The Team Leader manages their allocated resources to deliver results/reports within timeframes agreed with clients. They maximise capacity and productivity by managing their resources to achieve optimum use of staff, equipment and facilities.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Team Leader - Bioassay will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Managing allocated resources to achieve optimum use of staff, equipment and facilities, thereby maximising capacity/productivity. Scheduling group projects to ensure project targets and deadlines are achieved.
2. Reviewing performance and development of direct reports. Developing and maintaining a training programme to meet client requirements and realise individual potential.
3. Providing expert advice on bioassay / immunoassay analysis to colleagues and clients, maintaining awareness of current trends, issues and developments.
4. Acting as Project Manager or technical lead, ensuring that the conduct and reporting of the project complies with the requirements of GMP. Taking a lead role in problem resolution and provide advice to colleagues in solving analytical problems. Acting as technical contact for client placing projects, establishing client requirements, developing protocol and project plans, liaising on day to day issues and ensuring that communications meet client expectations.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Team Leader - Bioassay we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a life sciences based discipline, plus experience working in a regulated laboratory environment, ideally GMP or GLP.
2. Demonstrated expertise in managing people effectively.
3. You will; be expected to have scientific experience in the field of Bioassay, cell based assay or immunoassay, gained in a regulated facility. Ideally, you will also have knowledge of CMC lot release, stability studies and/or drug development processes.
NB: Although not a requirement for this role, having access to a car or bike is recommended to travel to and from site as there is no good public transport links in the area.
Key Words: Team Leader | Line Manager | Bioassay | Cell Based Assay | Immunoassay | GLP | GMP | CMC | Stability | Lot Release | Drug Development
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 6th July 2017
- Expires: 3rd August 2017
- Reference: J4130