We are currently looking for a Synthetic Organic Chemist (12 Month FTC) to join a leading company based in the Berkshire area. As the Synthetic Organic Chemist (12 Month FTC) you will be responsible for the planning, organising and delivering on complex synthetic projects to meet customer requirements.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Synthetic Organic Chemist (12 Month FTC) will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Development of suitable methods of synthesis and purification of milligram to gram quantities of target compounds
2. Liaise with customers and conduct regular literature searches.
3. Working closely with team members on the commercial strategy, preparing and reviewing project assessments, customer reports and technical documents.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Synthetic Organic Chemist (12 Month FTC) we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD in a medicinal, synthetic or organic chemistry discipline; with proven industry experience within the biotech or pharmaceutical industry in a drug discovery environment.
2. A working knowledge and practical experience with the ability to develop suitable chemical routes to target molecules; with excellent understanding of quality systems, process development and the drug discovery process.
3. Carbohydrate chemistry experience would be desirable.
Key Words: Organic Chemistry / Medicinal Chemistry / Synthetic Chemistry / Drug Discovery / Synthesis / Anti-bacterial / Purification / Target Molecules / Pharmaceutical / Biotechnology / Process Development
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 6th July 2017
- Expires: 3rd August 2017
- Reference: J3901