Technical Fragrance Manager - Perfumery - Hays - £40k-£50k - Home Care - Body Care - Hair Care - Applications - Cross-Functional
A world-leading Fragrance & Flavour company is seeking a Technical Fragrance Manager. You will work cross-functionally, sitting between the technical R&D team and the sales division. You will manage Home Care and Body Care product portfolios and their commercialisation process. You will have a strong technical background with good commercial awareness.
Purpose of the job
*Help develop and deploy the global Business Strategy and Plans for Perfumery Technologies.
The ideal candidate will bring added value to the business by supporting the Technology Business Strategy at global and regional levels, through:
*Development and execution of Technology Platform Strategies
*Managing Product Portfolio of Technologies in assigned Platforms.
*Commercialisation of Perfumery Technologies in liaison with Creation, Innovation and Sales teams
*Analyse market and consumer trends as well as competitor activity to identify/stimulate new Technology Business Development ideas and opportunities.
* Define business development targets for Technologies in assigned Platforms, proactively encourage related Briefs and track progress through to resulting Sales.
* Establish active networking and cross functional team working with Innovation, Creation, Marketing, Safety, Regulatory and Sales teams, in order to accelerate the progression of Technologies to Market.
* Provide Commercial policy/guidelines (costing, pricing, margins), and monitor and report on Sales & Profitability of business relating to assigned Technologies.
* Manage Legal agreements for Technology management with specific Clients.
* Lead Business interface with associated external Technology Partners.
* Provide Technology immersion & training sessions to Sales and support teams.
* Provide relevant input to all Technology support Tools, Systems & Processes.
* Prepare Technology Value Proposition & Positioning profiles for input to
* Educated to Degree level, preferably in Chemistry or alternatively a Finance related subject
* Proven experience at management level within the perfumery/flavour industries or FMCG companies
* Excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate cross-functional communication
* Excellent commercial awareness and IT/database development skills (in particular Excel)
* Fluent in English (French an additional advantage)
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Posted: 6th July 2017
- Expires: 3rd August 2017
- Reference: BBBH4876