Jason Johal is currently recruiting for a Bioinformatician to join a rapidly growing UK life sciences company within their Target & Biomarker Discovery group which identifies the biological signalling pathways, involved in modulating the human response to respiratory viral infection. This role is offered on a full time, permanent basis and will be based in Hertfordshire.
We require someone to provide bioinformatics support for target and biomarker identification projects in Research Discovery Operations (RDO).
Your main responsibilities in this role will be to:
• Perform bioinformatics analyses of multi-omics datasets (internal and external) and integrate with clinical, literature and pathway information to identify and characterise disease-relevant signalling circuits
• Execute and deliver bioinformatics analyses and interpret data derived from multi-omics of samples
• Develop and validate analytical protocols for integration of datasets from disparate datasources
• Process, store and report experimental data according to RDO standards
• Perform quality control and import of large datasets, automating processes where appropriate
• Perform high quality data analyses in support of RDO objectives by interpreting and drawing conclusions from the results of bioinformatics analyses undertaken
• Formulate data analysis strategies and the agreement of priorities in the context of RDO priorities in discussion with the Head of Target and Biomarker Discovery
• Work collaboratively with other RDO members to progress RDO projects
• Develop practical bioinformatics solutions to assemble, improve and analyse genome-scale datasets by adapting existing bioinformatics methods or by developing and testing novel algorithms and tools
• Contribute to maintenance of RDO bioinformatics infrastructure by researching and evaluating different methods/tools to determine the best and most up to date approaches to help achieve RDO objectives
• Evaluate and test new software and develop scripts that automate complex tasks, modifying them to deal with new applications as required
• Provide input into the dissemination of RDO outputs (reports, presentations, news flow items) to communicate work to internal and external audiences
You are required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
• Strong Bioinformatics expertise including in-depth knowledge and experience of common bioinformatics databases, resources and tools as well as pathway analysis applications
• Strong R and Java/Python/perl programming expertise including scripting skills
• Strong database skills
• Strong expertise in data analysis and visualisation
• Good understanding and experience in employing statistical tools in bioinformatics analysis
• Qualified in Bioinformatics and also Biotechnology ideally
• Demonstrated expertise in handling and analysing multi-omics datasets
• Expertise in Unix/Linux operating systems
• Good knowledge of common molecular biological approaches eg. TaqMan, western blotting, functionalisation of genes
• Extensive experience gained in a research setting
• Experience working in a commercially-led research environment
• Strong experience in processing and analysis of large-scale multi-omics
• Strong experience in pathway analysis
• Experience in target and/or biomarker discovery would be a real plus as would Cell and Molecular Biology laboratory experience, knowledge of translational research, particularly with regard to respiratory diseases and the development of bioinformatics tools for use by bench scientists.
This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic and experienced Bioinformatician to join a group of industry respected experts to ensure that research progresses to commercial release and ultimately improve patient lives.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST39500 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 5th July 2017
- Expires: 2nd August 2017
- Reference: ST39500