Naynesh Mistry is currently recruiting for a Laboratory Operations Manager to join a leading testing laboratory who are UKAS accredited on a permanent basis in Leicestershire. On offer is an competitive salary in excess of £40,000 plus company car/car allowance, phone, laptop, bonus (up to 10%) and pension.
This client has a network of state-of-the-art laboratory facilities based in the UK, providing analytical services to customers in the pharmaceutical and scientific sectors. They offer a competitive salary for this role.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENT is strong knowledge on ISO 17025 and management experience coupled with experience of working with sales.
The Laboratory Operations Manager will be responsible for leading and leading, shaping and delivering all activities of the Laboratory and supporting functions, ensuring that department quality, customer satisfaction, regulatory compliant, productivity and profitability are maximised.
They will also work in conjunction with the management team in developing new customers, markets and testing opportunities. The job holder will also have overall responsibility of the customer service, technical and testing teams.
Financial: Prepare accurate forecasts and review P&L performance against monthly and longer-term revenue/profit/margin targets.
Operational: Ensure compliance with accreditation bodies such as UKAS and proactively resolve issues to ensure accreditation and compliance remains in place
Customer: Deliver high standards of customer relations and service, seek continuous improvement in a drive for excellence and be a positive company representative to customers.
• Inspires and communicates with teams with regular pace to give clarity on direction, feedback on performance and plan to constantly improve and achieve results
• Leads a performance culture in the laboratory that is focused on exceeding customer expectations.
• Ensures that the testing teams follow processes smoothly and efficiently giving feedback where appropriate
• Promote employee engagement and ensure that team members work together as a cohesive team, and co-operate with other teams to achieve the efficient working of the site as a whole.
The Laboratory Operations Manager should have a positive attitude, a high tolerance for job pressure, and the ability for working and communicating to diverse personalities.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills/qualifications:
• Previous experience of managing laboratory operations;
• Previous experience of monitoring P&Ls and preparing forecasts and monitoring performance of the lab;
• Communication, interpersonal, leadership, and team building skills sufficient to lead, motivate, and develop a diverse workforce;
• Industry experience within a Testing laboratory
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH39503 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 5th July 2017
- Expires: 2nd August 2017
- Reference: SH39503