Jason Johal is currently recruiting for a Graduate QC Technologist focused on Monitoring and Training to join a company that offers specialist expertise in the development of both manufacturing and analytical processes for use with biological pharmaceutical products and also undertakes contract manufacture at all stages of the product development & commercialisation life-cycle of Biopharmaceuticals. They develop new vaccines, therapeutic proteins and enzyme products as well as manufacturing their own licensed biopharmaceutical products at their site in Wiltshire and this key role is offered on a full time permanent basis with a salary of £18,000+
The purpose of this role is to provide specialist training in microbiological environmental monitoring methods and water sampling, and to undertake the microbiological environmental monitoring of critical pharmaceutical manufacturing operations. You will supervise, oversee, observe and qualify all production technologists and other staff where applicable, in gowning, microbiological environmental monitoring methods and water sampling. As such you will need to be confident communicating clearly with others and though not a lab based “hands on” role you will ideally have experienced gained from a laboratory environment.
Your main responsibilities in this role will be to:
• Operate in compliance with cGMP
• Train and qualify all Production and other staff, as necessary, in the techniques and procedures for microbiological environmental monitoring
• Train and qualify all Production and other staff, as necessary, in water sampling
• Train and qualify all Production and other staff, as necessary, in procedures for gowning
• Oversee, supervise and observe Production and other staff undertaking environmental monitoring and water sampling to ensure continued compliance
• Plan and organise schedules for training, qualifications and observations
• Input microbiological environmental monitoring and water sampling data into appropriate databases and spreadsheets
• Write and update Standard Operating Procedures relating to environmental monitoring and water sampling, either as the author, or by providing technical information and advice to the author
• Attend training courses that contribute to the efficiency of the operating systems and are beneficial to the post holder's personal development
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
• A Degree in a scientific discipline relevant to the post (or equivalent)
• Experience of working to cGMP or similar regulated environment
• Experience of environmental monitoring
• Experience of working in a clean room
• Experience of GMP or similar documentation systems
• Knowledge of basic Microbiology, hygiene, aseptic practices and contamination control
• Experience of aseptic manufacture
• Good interpersonal skills and able to work as part of a team
• Must be prepared to receive relevant vaccinations, if required
• Must be prepared to work flexibly to meet the requirements of Production schedules, including out of hours and weekends
If successful you will be joining a group with approximately 280 staff, performing a range of production, quality and development roles within pharmaceutical production, process and analytical development, quality control and quality assurance that protects peoples' health through the quality-assured development and production of biopharmaceuticals. As such you will have exposure to a wide range of products and processes and will play an integral role within the company.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST39498 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 5th July 2017
- Expires: 2nd August 2017
- Reference: ST39498