Lucy Stendall is recruiting for a Clinical Research Manager to join an innovative pharmaceutical company at their site based in Hertfordshire on a contract basis for 6 months initially.
The Clinical Research Manager will spend approximately 50% of their time field based visiting sites, then will have the opportunity to spend the remaining 50% of their time either working from home or from site in Hertfordshire.
Working as part of the clinical department management team the role requires the ability to make decisions independently and oversee important activities relevant to clinical research activities according to predetermined global policies and commitments with the support, oversight and supervision of the Country Research Director. Requires strong understanding of local regulatory environment for the individual to weigh pros and cons of key decisions.
The main purpose of the role will be to:
- Work collaboratively with Country and Regional Operations; Pharmacovigilance, Regulatory, Global Medical Affairs and Global Human Health internally; and with external functional outsourcing vendors
- Work to build and maintain relationships with investigators and other external partners and promote the company's reputation
- Represent the company in Pharma industry issues and in seeking influence in external R&D environment
- Provide oversight of contract workers (CRAs, CTC) and work closely with external vendors and site investigators
- Negotiate skilfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; settle differences with minimum noise; win concessions without damaging relationships; be both direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gain trust quickly from other parties in negotiations and have an excellent sense of timing.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Strong scientific and extensive clinical research knowledge and experience
- A demonstrated ability of clinical trial planning, management and metrics is essential
- Ability to focus on multiple deliverables and protocols simultaneously
- Requires skills to effectively build and maintain professional relationships with investigators and other external stakeholders, requiring strong communication, educational, diplomatic and empathetic skills
- Strong leadership skills (scientific and business) as well as strong organisational skills with demonstrated success required
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference CL39474 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 4th July 2017
- Expires: 1st August 2017
- Reference: CL39474