Role: Maintenance Technician
Salary: £36,000 - £37,000 + Benefits
Location: South East England
A rapidly expanding pharmaceutical company is looking for a Maintenance Engineer to join their Engineering Department based in South East England. The role is a key position within the company requiring mechanical maintenance skills appropriate to a pharmaceutical manufacturing and packaging environment.
Quality is a primary focus to ensure that patients receive a safe, effective and quality assured product. This requires working to the principles of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP). In order to achieve the high standards required, documented maintenance is an integral part of the daily routine.
You will be required to carry out mechanical maintenance tasks and to contribute to the efficient running of the Engineering Department.
Main duties and responsibilities:
* Deliver maintenance tasks on time and to a high standard while maintaining compliance with equipment validation where applicable.
* Carry out PPM tasks to a variety of equipment including bottle filling and packaging machines, API process equipment, AHU's and utilities.
* Work on a variety of plant and equipment within the site to include:
- Plant and equipment breakdowns and installations with some calibrations.
- Mechanical tasks such as air handling plant, manufacturing and research equipment.
- Minor building repairs as required to include such things as ceiling tiles, tube replacements,
- Support the Production facility.
* Service and respond to maintenance breakdown while maintaining compliance with equipment validation, where required.
* Perform the Installation Qualification (IQ) and Operational Qualification (OQ) of new plant and equipment and assist with the Performance Qualification (PQ).
* Provide operator training and technical support where necessary.
* Issue and comply with equipment, department and room maintenance schedules.
* Complete documentation to GMP standards.
* Work efficiently as part of a team.
* Provide technical support and Operator training where necessary.
* Provide and keep up-to-date SOP's for the Engineering Department.
* Ensure that all equipment safety testing such as pressure/pressure relief is kept current and certified.
* Supervision of contractors when required.
* Reporting to the Engineering Team Leader
* The nature of the work requires team members to be flexible with regards to working time to ensure that they are available to support production processes should they overrun.
Skills & Experience:
* Qualified Mechanical or M/E Technician
* C&G trade certification
* Pharma or Food experience (Filling/Packaging ideal or API)
* GMP Documentation experience (Pharmaceutical)
* Preferably experienced in manufacturing environment.
* Worked under an ISO9000 Quality Environment
* Possess working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word/Excel).
The Current Range of Benefits:
The successful Maintenance Technician will be offered the opportunity to join a leading organisation. You will be offered a competitive package between £36,000.00 - £37,000.00 pa, long-term job stability and career development opportunities. The following benefits will also be included:
* Life Assurance
* Private Medical Insurance
* Health Cash Plan
* Income Protection
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Season Ticket Loans
* Child Care Vouchers
* Pension Contributions (Your contribution - 3.33% + Company Contribution - 6.67%)
* Discretionary bonus scheme in operation
Please reply to Martin Smallshaw with your CV via the 'apply now' button.
You can also contact via or on my DD - 0161 905 5195
Not for you? Who can you recommend? We offer a £200 referral fee for candidates placed through recommendation.
Contact me via the above details to pass on a referral!
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: JAM Recruitment
- Posted: 4th July 2017
- Expires: 8th August 2017
- Reference: BBBH66101