Sam Stewart is recruiting for a Waste Transfer Station (WTS) Supervisor to join a hazardous waste management company in West Yorkshire on a temporary fixed term contract for 6 months.
The company is part of a larger group with sites nationwide. The main purpose of the job is to lead a team of Chemists and Operators in the compliant, safe and effective operation of the Transfer Station.
The main responsibilities of the Technical Assessor will be to:
· To supervise WTS operations in conformance with the working plan, licence/PPC permit and any other statutory requirements.
· To continually strive towards the highest health & safety goals.
· To maintain, develop and follow company procedures where they impact on operations.
· To maintain the highest standards of housekeeping.
· To ensure stock levels are kept below permissible levels
· To ensure stock is managed in accordance with legislation, guidance and local procedures
· To maximise the profitability of waste streams
· To provide or organise training for Operators and Chemist
· To manage difficult streams to ensure stock is dealt with within 6 months
· To train and develop a team of Chemists and Operators
· To manage the stock control system
· To assist in the planning of inputs
· To ensure all necessary sampling and analysis is performed on containerised waste
· To work with the Site Manager to monitor and improve productivity and efficiencies, including those of the operatives.
· To control operational, labour and general site costs.
· To report maintenance issues and assist where necessary in their resolution.
· To ensure that all records required by statutory regulation and company procedure are maintained.
· To produce any reports for as requested.
· To perform all other reasonable duties and tasks as requested.
As a WTS Supervisor, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
· A scientific degree or equivalent qualification, preferably in chemistry
· Computer literate, particularly Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook. SAP experience would be desirable.
· Good interpersonal skills
· Good communicator (written and verbal)
· Results focussed.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH39479 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 4th July 2017
- Expires: 1st August 2017
- Reference: SH39479