Jocelyn Blackham is recruiting for a Laboratory Manager to join an Analytical Consultancy based Buckinghamshire. This role is offered on a full time, permanent basis.
The job holder will provide leadership to the laboratory which supports hardline products in all aspects of Health and Safety, Environment and Quality whilst providing a service to meet our customers' needs. They will also work in conjunction with the management team in developing new customers, markets and testing opportunities.
The main purposes of the role will be to:
- Actively champion Company strategies and Company Values, and promote a focus on related behaviour in all aspects of team performance
- Be accountable for operationalising the 5x5 strategy by taking the targets for the year and creating a plan to achieve stretch and best in class performance
- Maximise the testing billable time to achieve financial targets, and work to achieve productivity/efficiency targets.
- Ensure that projects are delivered to time, cost and quality standards
- Prepare reports and commentary for performance reviews with Retail Director and wider UK leadership team and global business lines
- Ensure compliance with accreditation bodies such as UKAS and proactively resolve issues to ensure accreditation and compliance remains in place
- Anticipate the direction of the business and managing change accordingly (Actively encourages and drives continuous operational excellence and Kaizen process to improve processes
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A degree in Chemistry (or equivalent)
- Previous experience working within a cGMP Lab
- Previous experience of managing laboratory operations;
- Experience of monitoring P&Ls and preparing forecasts and monitoring performance of the lab;
- Communication, interpersonal, leadership, and team building skills sufficient to lead, motivate, and develop a diverse workforce;
- Proven ability to establish strategic alliances with key decision makers internally and externally, combined with the ability to model this behaviour for direct reports;
- Highly proficient in computer programs such as Word, Powerpoint, Excel, email, and internet;
- Strong organisational and time management skills;
- Willing to be “hands on” working at all levels;
- Good problem identification and solving skills;
- Cultural awareness;
- Flexible approach to travel and working hours.
As a Laboratory Manager, you will be joining a leading name Chemical Consultancy & Testing Laboratory, who in return offers an attractive salary dependent on experience, coupled with excellent benefits.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST39478 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 4th July 2017
- Expires: 1st August 2017
- Reference: ST39478