Tenni Cole-Etti is recruiting for a Research Scientist to join a company in the Biotech industry at their site based in Oxfordshire on a full time, permanent basis.
They are looking for an insect scientist to develop and characterise new strains of key agricultural pests. You will be involved from strain generation to strain characterisation in the laboratory and processing towards field trial-readiness.
The main duties of the role will be:
- Characterisation of genetically engineered insect strains and selection of potential product candidates
- Developing a pathway towards the first glasshouse trials/field trials
- Contributing to the assembly of reports for IP and regulatory submission
- Delivering work in accordance with project objectives and milestones
- Liasing with other teams to deliver technical advances in a timely and consistent way
- Analysing, reporting, and communicating data to project and R&D management team
- Assisting with other projects where required
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- BSc in Scientific discipline (or equivalent)
- Entomology experience strongly preferred
- Creative approach to application and process development expected
- Data handling and statistical analysis are desirable
- Successful candidates will have strong leadership and organisational skills and attention to detail in addition to being independent and self-motivated
- Good spoken and written communication
This is an excellent opportunity to join a pioneering biotech company looking to tackling the major global challenges of keeping people healthy and increasing food production.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST39456 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 3rd July 2017
- Expires: 31st July 2017
- Reference: ST39456