Natalie Wood is recruiting for a Compound Technologist to join a silicones, rubbers and elastomers manufacturing company based in Lancashire, on a full time, permanent basis.
As a Compound technologist, the main purpose of your role will be to work closely with and support the applications development engineers with custom compound programs & new custom compound development.
Further responsibilities of this Compound Development Technician will include:
· Support on the laboratory development, sampling and scale up of customer specific custom compounds.
· Support on product performance analysis.
· Conduct and support investigation, evaluation and development of new raw materials
· Assistance with product performance evaluation & trends.
· Accountable for completing internal process and raw material validation where appropriate.
· Accountable for preparation of Technical documentation and SOP’s.
As a Compound Technologist, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
· Minimum 2 A level/ BTEC or equivalent ideally in a science related discipline.
· Preferably experience in silicone, rubber and/ or elastomer related industry - advantageous but not essential.
· Working Experience in a Laboratory would be an advantage.
· Able to work independently & with own initiative.
· Good communication skills
· Knowledge in MS Work, Excel, PP, Outlook etc.
· You should possess a customer service focus with a positive, professional and flexible approach to work, along with being a team player within a self-managed team environment
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH39459 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 3rd July 2017
- Expires: 31st July 2017
- Reference: SH39459